Tills Visa Law

Stephen K. Tills, Attorney at LAW

Permanent Resident Status

If you are a permanent resident of the U.S., you have the right to reside and work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.  Uou are required to show proof of permanent resident status when entering the U.S.:

1,   You should have a “green card”, Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)  which contains your picture, biographic data, and from 2010 to the present, with state-of-the-art technology which prevents counterfeiting, obstructs tampering, and facilitates quick and accurate authentication of the card.

USCIS began issuing the redesigned I-551s on May 11, 2010, to newly approved LPRs and to those who sought renewal or replacement cards. The I-551s are valid for ten (10) years for LPRs and two (2) years for conditional residents. It must be renewed once it expires.

2,   a Foreign passport that contains a temporary I-551 stamp or temporary I-551 printed notation on a machine-readable immigrant visa (MRIV)


Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: