Tills Visa Law

Stephen K. Tills, Attorney at LAW

Family Visa

FAMILY Visa and Immigration

The immigration law provides for sponsorship of family members of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (LPR).

Fiances:   a non-immigrant visa classification (“K-1”) for persons coming to the United States to marry American citizens and reside in the U.S. following the marriage.

Spouses: A person who is already married to a U.S. citizen or LPR may apply for permanent residence through marriage.  

Parents / Children:  Parents may apply for their children.  Children atleast 21 years of age may apply for their parents.

Siblings:  U.S. citizens may apply for their siblings, but this category is the lowest preference and the visa is unavailable for atleast 8 to 10 years.




Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: