Tills Visa Law

Stephen K. Tills, Attorney at LAW

Business visas

The Most Common business visas:


If you want to establish a business in the USA or visit America for business purposes then you might need a Business Visa.  The B1 visa allows people to enter the U.S. to conduct non-employment business activities for up to 1 year at a time.  They may also receive a multiple entry visa.  

H1-B visa:  The H-1B nonimmigrant visa category specifically applies to specialty occupations.  A 4 year college degree is usually necessary to qualify for this visa.  The visa allows the recipient to work in the U.S. at a skilled position for up to 3 years and can be renewed for up to 3 years.  The Department of Labor must first determine that there are insufficient workers to fill the skilled position.     

L-1 visa:   For intracompany transferees, allows employees of a foreign company to work in the U.S. at their U.S. branch office. 



Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: